Cabbage, in its rough and flat form, could be used as a metaphor for Portugal’s rustic ways, which Bordallo had so many times caricatured. This was a clever way to honor it, placing it on the bourgeois’ tables, where otherwise it had not been invited.
Use and Care
- Microwave Resistance: All products are Microwave suitable, except item with metal or wooden parts. Products must not be empty when used in a microwave.
Always use a handle or an appropriate glove when removing heated earthenware pieces from the microwave as they may be hot.
- Dishwasher resistance
All products are Dishwasher safe, but should not be left in the dishwasher for long periods of time, after the cycle, as the generated steam can damage the pieces.
- Conventional oven resistance
Bordallo Pinheiro products should not be used in conventional oven.
- Thermal shock resistance
Bordallo Pinheiro’s pieces are not resistant to a great thermal variation. Avoid putting very warm pieces in cold places or in contact with cold water with a transition time.
Recommendations for use:
The “craquelé” effect is a natural characteristic of the product, a result of time and use.
• Store pieces in a dry place;
• Do not leave pieces immersed in water for long periods;
• Do not subject the pieces to sudden changes in temperature, especially wide temperature ranges. Hot parts may crack if placed on very cold wet surfaces or handled with wet cloths;
• Avoid leaving items in the dishwasher after the washing program is over to prevent the surface from being attacked by the vapor generated.